HISTORY® moves to local feed for the region
London, February 1, 2016 – A+E Networks® will strengthen its position in the Middle East launching H2® HD with OSN, the leading pay-TV network in the MENA region. H2, an extension of the HISTORY® brand, brings an original line up of series and specials that take a deep perspective on history from all around the globe. Viewers in the Middle East will also enjoy a more tailored schedule for HISTORY®, A+E Networks’ flagship channel, with the launch of a local feed across the territory.
These initiatives were announced by Nicolas Eglau, Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Benelux, Nordics & CEEMEA at A+E Networks UK, and will launch concurrently today, February 1.
Nicolas Eglau said: “We are delighted to launch H2 HD with OSN across the Middle East, a fantastic channel that has seen a tremendous increase in popularity and demand among affiliates and viewers alike. The localized feed for HISTORY also demonstrates our commitment to - and further investment in - this important high-growth market.”
H2, currently in 70 million households globally, features an original line up of series and specials that take a deep perspective on history from all around the globe. It is available on OSN on Channel No: 509.
Emad Marcos, Senior Vice President, Media Partners & Digital at OSN, said: “The addition of H2®HD on OSN highlights our network’s appeal as the first choice for the world’s leading content providers. A remarkable channel that brings deep perspectives on history, H2 will be a significant value addition for our subscribers. The channel, with programming subtitled in Arabic and presented in glorious HD, is part of the aggressive expansion plans of OSN, with five other new channels being launched to provide our subscribers with an unparalleled portfolio of exclusive content, available both on linear TV and our digital platforms.”
H2 Highlights for the upcoming months are:
- Last Days Of The Nazis – starting on Wednesday, 17th February at 22.00 CET, a show that takes viewers inside the minds of the Germans themselves and sees the events of WWII from their perspective;
- Brad Meltzer’s Lost History – Mondays from 14th March at 22.00 CET, TV host Brad Meltzer leads in the hunt to return treasures to their rightful owners;
- The Universe, season 6 – premiering in April, the ground-breaking series returns, highlighting new discoveries, adventures through space and time and even more stunning high-definition computer animations.
HISTORY, currently in 302 million households globally, looks at history in a different way, celebrating those intrepid people who go out and make their mark. The characters featuring in the wide range of HISTORY programming are mavericks who defy risk, forge change, blaze trails, and extend boundaries. Highlights on HISTORY in early 2016 include:
- Swamp People season 6 – premiering on Wednesday 10th February at 22.00CET, follows swampers living in the farthest corner of Louisiana during the 30-day alligator hunting season;
- Alcatraz: Search for the truth – premiering Friday, 18th at 900PM, and Inside Alcatraz: The legend of the rock, premiering Saturday, 19th at 900PM. These two specials about the famous island prison, focus on the now legendary escape of three inmates in 1962;
- Forged in fire – premiering in April, four bladesmiths compete for $10,000 and the title of Forged in Fire champion.
Prime time (from 9:00pm to 11:00pm) on HISTORY will be in Arabic starting from March 1st while H2 will be fully in Arabic from April 1st.
For more information and schedules, please visit www.osn.com